This keto shrimp stir fry is ready in about 20 minutes. It's the ultimate weeknight dinner - quick, delicious and very healthy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup baby carrots or carrot slices
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1.5 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 oz bag) snow peas
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Place the baby carrots in a microwave-safe bowl. Add a little water, cover and microwave to slightly soften, 3 minutes.
Prepare the sauce: In another bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, corn starch, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until almost done, about 3 minutes.
Add the carrots, the snow peas, and the sauce. Stir-fry until shrimp are done, about 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat and transfer to individual plates or to a serving platter. Drizzle with sesame oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 978mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g