Quick and easy baked tuna patties are low carb and paleo. Ready in just 30 minutes, they make the perfect weeknight dinner!
These baked tuna patties are excellent as a quick and easy weeknight dinner. They are very tasty on their own, even better with a dollop of tartar sauce.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty patties (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Olive oil spray
- Water-packed canned tuna
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Almond flour
How to make baked tuna patties
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix together the tuna, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, parsley, and almond flour.
- Scoop out mounds of the mixture and place them on a greased, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently flatten the mounds and spray with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees F, turning them midway through baking and spraying with more olive oil.
Are they healthy?
I believe they are. They are paleo and low carb, and do not contain breadcrumbs. I use healthy almond flour instead.
I prefer to use water-packed tuna in this recipe and add a tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture. This prevents dry patties while avoiding the unhealthy soybean oil added to so many tuna cans.
As for the mercury in canned tuna, experts seem to be divided on the subject. My personal choice is to limit canned tuna to once a week and fresh tuna (such as this seared tuna recipe) to no more than once a month. But you will need to make your own decision, of course.
How to serve baked tuna patties
I usually serve them topped with tartar sauce, with a side of olive oil broccoli salad or tomato salad. If you wish, you can put them in a bun. Tasty low carb options include 90-second bread and cloud bread.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them gently in the microwave on 50% power, or enjoy them cold. They are good either way.
More tasty tuna recipes
Baked Tuna Patties
- Olive oil spray
- 3 (5-oz) cans tuna in water, well-drained, flaked with a fork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not foil) and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, parsley, and almond flour.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, place eight mounds of the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to flatten each to a ½-inch thick patty.
- Spray the tuna patties with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip, spray again and bake 10 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve immediately.