Quick and easy baked tuna patties are made without breadcrumbs. Ready in just 30 minutes, they make the perfect healthy weeknight dinner!
These baked tuna patties are excellent as a quick and easy weeknight dinner. They are very tasty on their own, even better with a dollop of tartar sauce.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty patties (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Olive oil spray
- Water-packed canned tuna
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Almond flour
How to make baked tuna patties
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix together the tuna, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, parsley, and almond flour.
- Scoop out mounds of the mixture and place them on a greased, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently flatten the mounds and spray with olive oil.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees F, turning them midway through baking and spraying with more olive oil.
Are they healthy?
I prefer to use water-packed tuna in this recipe and add a tablespoon of healthy olive oil to the mixture. This prevents the mixture from being dry while avoiding the unhealthy RBD oils that are typically added to many tuna cans.
As for the mercury in canned tuna, the FDA says that skipjack tuna is better than Albacore tuna and can be enjoyed 2-3 times per week.
My personal choice is to limit canned tuna to once a week and fresh tuna (such as this seared tuna recipe) to no more than once a month. But you will need to make your own informed decision, of course.
How to serve baked tuna patties
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these baked tuna patties in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them gently in the microwave on 50% power, or enjoy them cold. They are good either way.
More tasty tuna recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Baked Tuna Patties
- Olive oil spray
- 3 (5-oz) cans tuna in water, well-drained, flaked with a fork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (not foil) and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, parsley, and almond flour.
- Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, place eight mounds of the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to flatten each to a ½-inch thick patty.
- Spray the tuna patties with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip, spray again and bake 10 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve immediately.