Healthy paleo banana pancakes contain only three ingredients and no flour. They are nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free. Pancakes don’t get any healthier than this!
Pancakes don’t get any healthier than these paleo banana pancakes. Ripe bananas, shredded coconut, and eggs are the only three ingredients in this healthy recipe.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need four simple ingredients to make these tasty pancakes. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Bananas. Use very ripe (but not spoiled) bananas – this is the perfect recipe for using overripe bananas!
- Eggs. I use large eggs in all my recipes.
- Shredded coconut. Make sure it’s unsweetened.
- Coconut oil for frying.
How to make healthy paleo banana pancakes
It’s super easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. The basic steps:
- You simply mash ripe bananas with eggs and shredded coconut.
- Then fry the pancakes in coconut oil. That’s it!
This recipe might look suspicious (will this batter really come together and make pancakes?). But these pancakes are actually very easy to make. They retain their shape in the skillet and come out as fluffy as wheat flour pancakes.
I have made these tasty pancakes many times. My kids request them often! So I can say with confidence that this truly is an easy recipe.
How to serve healthy paleo banana pancakes
I find that they are sweet enough to be served alone, perhaps topped with a little coconut oil or grass-fed butter. But if you wish, I’m sure they’ll be great with some warm maple syrup or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate on top.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it’s very healthy, as long as you’re OK with the amount of carbs they contain. If you need to be on a low-carb diet, then these pancakes are probably not the best choice for you (but try these keto chocolate pancakes instead!).
What about leftovers?
Keep leftovers of these healthy paleo banana pancakes in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the microwave, on 50% power. You can also freeze these pancakes, separated with wax paper squares.
More tasty breakfast recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- 2 small very ripe bananas (3.5oz each after peeled)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for the skillet
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork. Add the eggs and the coconut and whisk everything together until as smooth as possible.
- With your fingers, spread a thin layer of coconut oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) on the bottom of a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Measuring 1/4 cup per pancake, pour the batter into three spots on the skillet. Fry 3 minutes on the first side or until set and golden, then flip and fry 2 more minutes on the second side.
- Place 1/2 more teaspoon coconut oil in the skillet, brush to coat, and repeat with 3 more pancakes. Serve immediately.