Tasty paleo banana pancakes contain only three ingredients and no flour. They are nut free, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. Pancakes don’t get any healthier than this!
Pancakes don’t get any healthier than these three-ingredient paleo banana pancakes. Ripe bananas, shredded coconut, and eggs are the only three ingredients in this nut free, gluten-free banana pancakes recipe.
How to make paleo banana pancakes
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. You simply mash ripe bananas with eggs and shredded coconut, then fry the pancakes in coconut oil.
This recipe might look suspicious (will this batter really come together and make pancakes?). But these three-ingredient paleo banana pancakes are very easy to make. They retain their shape in the skillet and come out as fluffy as wheat flour pancakes.
I have made these tasty pancakes many times. My kids request them often! So I can say with confidence that this truly is an easy recipe.
How to serve paleo banana pancakes
I find that they are sweet enough to be served alone, perhaps topped with a little coconut oil or grass-fed butter. But if you wish, I’m sure they’ll be great with some warm maple syrup or a drizzle of melted dark chocolate on top.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it’s very healthy, as long as your body can handle carbs. If you need to be on a low-carb diet, then these paleo banana pancakes are probably not the best choice for you (but try these keto chocolate pancakes instead!). But if you can handle the carbs, then this is a truly wholesome recipe. Bananas, eggs, and coconut are all very healthy.
What about leftovers?
If you have leftovers of these three-ingredient paleo banana pancakes, keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the microwave, on 50% power. You can also freeze these pancakes, separated with wax paper squares.
More tasty breakfast recipes
May I suggest a few other wonderful breakfast recipes? Another paleo banana-based recipe that bakes/cooks surprisingly well is this recipe for paleo breakfast cookies. They are wonderful! These paleo applesauce pancakes are excellent. And if you don’t object to oats, you should definitely try these leftover oatmeal pancakes. They are wonderfully nutty and flavorful.
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- 2 small very ripe bananas (3.5oz each after peeled)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for the skillet
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork. Add the eggs and the coconut and whisk everything together until as smooth as possible.
- With your fingers, spread a thin layer of coconut oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) on the bottom of a large, 12-inch nonstick skillet. Heat over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Measuring 1/4 cup per pancake, pour the batter into three spots on the skillet. Fry 3 minutes on the first side or until set and golden, then flip and fry 2 more minutes on the second side.
- Place 1/2 more teaspoon coconut oil in the skillet, brush to coat, and repeat with 3 more pancakes. Serve immediately.