Easy homemade strawberry ice cream recipe without an ice cream maker. Creamy and eggless, this no cook recipe is truly easy and so delicious.
This super easy homemade strawberry ice cream recipe is made without an ice cream maker. It’s a truly easy recipe – eggless, no cook, and only four ingredients.
If you use a low carb sweetener such as Swerve or xylitol, this homemade strawberry ice cream is also keto and low carb.
We are a family of four. Two of us have a strong preference for homemade chocolate frozen yogurt, while the other two prefer fruity flavors, so much prefer this strawberry ice cream recipe. So I find myself making a batch per week, alternating between the two flavors.
These days you can get low carb, low calorie ice creams fairly easily, but looking at their ingredients list, I still prefer to make homemade ice cream. Since this homemade strawberry ice cream is so easy to make, I really don’t mind the tiny extra effort.
PS. This recipe is perfect for summer. In the fall, I like making keto pumpkin ice cream.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used xylitol)
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries, tops removed, halved
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the sweetener and the strawberries in your food processor bowl. Process into a smooth puree.
- Add the vanilla and heavy cream and process until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, stopping twice to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer to a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Use a fork to stir the already-frozen edges into the still-soft center, then use a whisk to mix everything together until smooth.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for two more hours, repeating the process of stirring the ice cream every 30 minutes.
- Freeze undisturbed for one more hour.
- Remove the homemade strawberry ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.