Easy homemade strawberry ice cream recipe without an ice cream maker. Creamy and eggless, this no-cook recipe is truly easy and so delicious.
This super easy homemade strawberry ice cream recipe is made without an ice cream maker. It’s a truly easy recipe – eggless, no cook, and only four ingredients.
Why bother with making homemade ice cream?
It’s true that these days you can get low-carb and/or low-calorie ice creams fairly easily. But looking at their ingredients list, I still prefer to make homemade ice cream. Since this homemade strawberry ice cream is so easy to make, I really don’t mind the small extra effort.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make this tasty ice cream:
- Fresh strawberries
- Sweetener (I use xylitol)
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
How to make homemade strawberry ice cream
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s a very easy recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- Process the four ingredients in your food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan, and freeze.
- Stir the mixture a few times during the freezing process to prevent ice crystals from forming.
The only tedious part is that you’ll need to stir the mixture a few times during the freezing process. This is important, though, because it helps prevent large ice crystals from forming. So it helps keep the mixture nice and creamy.
Is this a healthy recipe?
As for the sweetener, this is up to you. If you use a low carb sweetener such as erythritol, this homemade strawberry ice cream is also keto and low carb. And if you don’t mind the carbs and prefer a more natural sweetener, I’m fairly certain that honey would work in this recipe.
More frozen treats that you might like
We are a family of four. Two of us have a strong preference for homemade chocolate frozen yogurt, while the other two prefer fruity flavors, so much prefer this homemade strawberry ice cream recipe. So I find myself making a batch per week, alternating between the two flavors.
If you don’t mind the carbs, I highly recommend this chocolate banana ice cream. It’s even easier to make and so very tasty. This easy banana ice cream recipe is also very good. And in the fall, I like making keto pumpkin ice cream.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used xylitol)
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries, tops removed, halved
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the sweetener and the strawberries in your food processor bowl. Process into a smooth puree.
- Add the vanilla and heavy cream and process until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, stopping twice to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer to a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Use a fork to stir the already-frozen edges into the still-soft center, then use a whisk to mix everything together until smooth.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for two more hours, repeating the process of stirring the ice cream every 30 minutes.
- Freeze undisturbed for one more hour.
- Remove the homemade strawberry ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.