Easy keto strawberry ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Creamy and eggless, this no-cook recipe is truly easy and so delicious.
This delicious keto strawberry ice cream is made without an ice cream maker. It’s a truly easy recipe – eggless, no-cook, and only four ingredients.
It does require a time commitment of about four hours, and being there to occasionally stir the mixture. So it’s a good recipe to make when you’re home anyway.
Why bother with making homemade ice cream?
It’s true that these days you can get low-carb ice creams fairly easily. But looking at their ingredients list, I still prefer to make this healthy homemade recipe! And since it’s so easy to make, I really don’t mind the small extra effort.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make this tasty ice cream (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Fresh strawberries
- Granulated sweetener (such as erythritol)
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
How to make keto strawberry ice cream
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s a very easy recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- Process the four ingredients in your food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan, and freeze.
- Stir the mixture a few times during the freezing process to prevent ice crystals from forming.
The only tedious part is that you’ll need to stir the mixture a few times during the freezing process.
This is important, though, because it helps prevent large ice crystals from forming. So it helps keep the mixture nice and creamy.
Is keto strawberry ice cream healthy?
I think it’s healthy for a dessert. It contains only four real-food ingredients. Strawberries are obviously very healthy.
But even heavy cream, as it turns out, is harmless for most healthy people – in moderation.
More frozen treats that you might like
We are a family of four. Two of us have a strong preference for homemade chocolate frozen yogurt, while the other two prefer fruity flavors, so we much prefer this keto strawberry ice cream
. So I find myself making a batch per week, alternating between the two flavors!
If you don’t mind the carbs, I highly recommend this chocolate banana ice cream. It’s even easier to make and so very tasty.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (such as erythritol)
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries, tops removed, halved
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the sweetener and the strawberries in your food processor bowl. Process into a smooth puree.
- Add the vanilla and heavy cream and process until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, stopping twice to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer to a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover and place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Use a fork to stir the already-frozen edges into the still-soft center, then use a whisk to mix everything together until smooth.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for two more hours, repeating the process of stirring the ice cream every 30 minutes.
- Freeze undisturbed for one more hour.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.