Tasty sausage kabobs are broiled in the oven. An easy recipe that will please everyone, these sausage kabobs make the perfect summer meal!
I can’t think of a more appropriate summer meal than these tasty sausage kabobs. They easy to make, colorful and pretty. And you can make them under your oven’s broiler, so there’s no need to heat up the oven.
All you need alongside these sausage kabobs is a simple green salad, and you’re set. It’s an easy to put together meal that grownups and kids will love.
I like to use spicy andouille sausage when making these oven sausage kabobs. I really like andouille sausage and use it in many recipes, including this tasty dish of skillet sausage and shrimp. You can absolutely use any sausage you like! You can also use white onions instead of red onions.
As for the peppers, it’s so pretty to use peppers of different colors. You can also use cherry tomatoes in addition to the peppers, although I usually keep it simple and only use peppers and onions.
If you prefer to use the grill, heat it on medium-high, and grill the kabobs, turning frequently, until browned and lightly charred, a total of about 10 minutes.
Leftovers of these sausage kabobs keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Sometimes I reheat the leftovers in the microwave. At other times, I mix them into an omelet or a scramble, or eat them cold as one would eat antipasto.
Oven Sausage Kabobs
- Olive oil spray
- 12 oz smoked andouille sausage, sliced (Wellshire is a good brand)
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- Soak eight skewers in water for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven's broiler on medium-high. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- Thread the sausage, peppers and onions onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and vegetables. Arrange the skewers on the prepared baking sheet and spray them with olive oil.
- Broil until the vegetables are just tender and a bit charred around the edges and the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.