Tasty sausage kabobs are broiled in the oven. An easy recipe that will please everyone, they make the perfect summer meal!
I can’t think of a more appropriate summer meal than these tasty sausage kabobs. They’re easy to make, colorful and pretty. And you can make them under your oven’s broiler, so there’s no need to heat up the oven.
What ingredients to use in this recipe?
I like to use spicy andouille sausage when making these oven sausage kabobs. I really like andouille sausage and use it in many recipes, including this tasty dish of skillet sausage and shrimp. But you can absolutely use any sausage you like! You can also use white onions instead of red onions.
As for the peppers, it’s so pretty to use peppers of different colors. You can also use cherry tomatoes in addition to the peppers, although I usually keep it simple and only use peppers and onions.
Can I grill the sausage kabobs?
If you prefer to use the grill, heat it on medium-high, and grill the kabobs, turning frequently, until browned, a total of about 10 minutes.
What to serve with them?
All you need alongside these kabobs is a simple green salad, and you’re set. It’s a tasty summer meal that’s so easy to put together, and that grownups and kids love.
Is this a healthy recipe?
That depends. It’s keto and low carb and can be gluten-free too if your sausage is free of starchy additives.
My own personal choice is to consume processed meats, including these sausage kabobs, once in a while and in moderation.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days.
Sometimes I reheat the leftovers in the microwave. Other times, I mix them into an omelet or a scramble. I also like to eat them cold, just as one would eat antipasto and cold cuts.
Oven Sausage Kabobs
- Olive oil spray
- 12 oz smoked andouille sausage, sliced (Wellshire is a good brand)
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- Soak eight skewers in water for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven’s broiler on medium-high. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- Thread the sausage, peppers and onions onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and vegetables. Arrange the skewers on the prepared baking sheet and spray them with olive oil.
- Broil until the vegetables are just tender and a bit charred around the edges and the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.