Low carb and gluten free baked salmon patties are crispy and delicious. Excellent with tartar sauce, or with a spicy Greek yogurt dip.
Whenever I don’t feel like cooking something elaborate for dinner, I quickly whip up these delicious patties. They make a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and we all love them.
Even the kids, who usually refuse fresh salmon, happily eat them (although the picky one dips them in ketchup… we just sigh and avert our eyes).
The ingredients you’ll need
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty dish. Exact amounts are listed in the recipe card below:
- For the spicy sauce: Greek yogurt, hot pepper sauce, Kosher salt
- Canned salmon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Minced garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley
- Almond flour
How to make baked salmon patties
It’s such an easy recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- I simply mix all the ingredients with a fork.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Then Bake.
- While the patties are baking, I mix the sauce ingredients.
I make this recipe with canned salmon, which I always have on hand. So this is a great dinner to whip up when I have practically nothing in the fridge!
Are they good for you?
I believe they are. They are keto, low carb and gluten free. I make them without breadcrumbs – the mixture contains healthy almond flour instead.
So yes, I would say that they are good for you, especially if you use wild salmon.
How to serve baked salmon patties
You can simply serve them on their own, with a dollop of tartar sauce, or with the tasty spicy dip listed below.
How long do they last in the fridge?
If you have leftovers, keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. They are great gently reheated in the microwave on 50% power, or even cold.
I often have them cold for lunch, with some Dijon mustard and fresh-cut veggies. You can also freeze these salmon patties, individually wrapped so that they don’t stick to each other.
Baked Salmon Patties
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (7.5oz cans) salmon, well-drained, flaked with a fork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not foil) and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dip ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Use a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop to form eight salmon patties and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to flatten to 1/2-inch thick.
- Lightly spray the salmon patties with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, spray again and bake 10 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve immediately, with the sauce.