Delightful pizza stuffed mini peppers are stuffed with pizza sauce and mozzarella, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It’s the perfect keto appetizer!
I’ve been making these pizza stuffed mini peppers quite often lately. They’re easy to make, and everyone always raves about them. The kids naturally love them, and it’s a good way to get some healthy vegetables into them.
Mini peppers are good raw or cooked
I really like mini bell peppers. They are so much fun! I love them raw actually. You can eat them whole, including the seeds. So it’s fun to hold them by the stem, dip them in a tasty Greek yogurt dip or tahini sauce and munch away. They make a great snack.
I also like them cooked, and this recipe for pizza stuffed mini peppers is a great one. To make it, you stuff mini bell peppers with pizza sauce and mozzarella, then broil them until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
So much cheese… is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. Peppers are very healthy, unless you’re sensitive to nightshades. Sugar free tomato sauce is a good source of lycopene. And cheese is actually harmless, according to current research.
How to serve pizza stuffed mini peppers?
These pizza stuffed mini peppers make a tasty appetizer, and obviously they are the perfect game day snack! You can also serve them as a side dish. I like to serve them with oven chicken skewers.
Can you keep leftovers?
Yes, you can. Keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
More mini pepper recipes you might enjoy
Pizza Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Position an oven rack 6 inches from the heat element. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about 1/2 tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers 6 inches from the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.