Delightful pizza mini peppers are filled with tomato sauce and mozzarella, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It’s the perfect keto appetizer!
I’ve been making these pizza mini peppers quite often lately. They’re easy to make, and everyone always raves about them. The kids naturally love them, and it’s a good way to get some healthy vegetables into them.
But it’s not just the kids who enjoy these tasty little snacks! My husband and I really like them too, and we appreciate being able to experience delicious 🍕flavors without a doughy crust.
Mini peppers are good raw or cooked
I really like mini bell peppers. They are so much fun! I love them raw actually. You can eat them whole, including the seeds.
I also like them cooked, and this recipe is a great one. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s truly a family favorite.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need five simple ingredients to make this tasty appetizer. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Mini bell peppers: The ones that come in bags, in assorted colors.
- Olive oil spray: A healthy oil, but if you’re unsure about cooking with it, you can use avocado oil instead.
- Pizza sauce: It’s best to use a sugar-free sauce such as Rao’s.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to make pizza mini peppers
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Start by cutting the peppers in half lengthwise and removing the membranes and the seeds.
- Stuff them with a little pizza sauce and with some shredded cheese.
- Spray them with olive oil.
- Broil until the cheese is melted. Keep a close eye on them. Broilers are potent!
How to serve them?
Pizza mini peppers make a tasty appetizer, and obviously, they are the perfect game day snack! You can also serve them as a side dish. I like to serve them with broiled burgers. It’s convenient that I can use the broiler for the entire meal.
Can you keep leftovers?
Yes, you can. Keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
More mini pepper recipes that you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Pizza Mini Peppers
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Position an oven rack 6 inches from the heating element. Line a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet with unbleached, broiler-safe parchment paper or with nonstick foil.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about 1/2 tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers 6 inches from the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.