Delightful pizza mini peppers are filled with tomato sauce and mozzarella, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It’s the perfect keto appetizer!
I’ve been making this tasty appetizer quite often lately. It’s so easy to make, and everyone always raves about it. The kids naturally love anything that resembles pizza, and it’s a good way to get some vegetables into them.
But it’s not just the kids who enjoy pizza mini peppers! My husband and I really like them too, and we appreciate being able to experience delicious pizza flavors without a doughy crust. 🍕
Mini peppers are good raw or cooked
I really like mini bell peppers. They are so much fun! I love them raw actually. You can eat them whole, including the seeds.
I also like them cooked, and this recipe is a great one. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s truly a family favorite.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need five simple ingredients to make pizza mini peppers. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Mini bell peppers: The ones that come in bags, in assorted colors. Here’s a good overview of different types of peppers.
Olive oil spray: I love cooking with this delicious oil. But if you’d rather use an oil with a higher smoke point, you can use avocado oil instead.
Pizza sauce: It’s best to use a sugar-free sauce. Rao’s is an excellent brand that I use often.
Shredded mozzarella cheese: You can also use shredded provolone, but I typically opt for mozzarella.
How to make pizza mini peppers
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Start by cutting the peppers in half lengthwise and removing the membranes and the seeds. This part is tedious, for sure, but I simply enlist the help of my kids and we do it in a few minutes.
Stuff the peppers with a little pizza sauce and with some shredded cheese, then spray them with olive oil.
Broil the peppers until the cheese is melted. Keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn.
How to serve them?
Pizza mini peppers make a tasty appetizer, and obviously, they are the perfect game day snack! You can also serve them as a side dish. I like to serve them with broiled burgers. It’s convenient that I can use the broiler for the entire meal.
Can you keep leftovers?
Yes, you can. Keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. I freely admit to sometimes snacking on them cold, straight from the fridge!
More mini pepper recipes that you might enjoy
For an even easier mini peppers recipe, try these tasty roasted mini peppers. And another favorite of mine is these goat cheese stuffed mini peppers. The combination of the peppers and the goat cheese is exquisite!
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Pizza Mini Peppers
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Position an oven rack 6 inches from the heating element. Line a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet with unbleached, broiler-safe parchment paper or with nonstick foil.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about 1/2 tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers 6 inches from the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.