Peanut butter banana bites are a tasty, healthy and filling post-workout snack. They take just a few minutes to make!
Peanut butter banana bites are tasty little “sandwiches” of banana and a yogurt-peanut butter filling. It’s a delicious, high-protein snack that satisfies your sweet tooth and gives you lots of energy!
How to make peanut butter banana bites
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But the basics are simple. You mix together Greek yogurt and peanut butter, sandwich the mixture between banana slices and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
You can make peanut butter banana bites a few hours ahead of time and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Is this a healthy recipe?
It’s not low carb. But while I normally find that bananas are too high-carb for me, I sometimes make this snack after an intense workout. My kids adore these peanut butter banana bites and eat them quite often, usually as their after-school snack. It’s amazing how this snack perks them up, almost immediately, and I can feel good about giving it to them.
More tasty and healthy recipes
The combination of banana and shredded coconut is amazing, and not just in this recipe. I really like it in these banana pancakes.
I’m always on the lookout for quick, tasty and healthy snacks. When I’m in the mood for a savory snack rather than sweet, instead of making these peanut butter banana bites, I make bacon cheese balls. The best thing about them, in addition to the taste, is that you can make them ahead of time and refrigerate.
Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 medium banana, not too ripe
- 1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Slice the banana into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a small bowl, with a fork, mix together the peanut butter and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Make sure you use Greek yogurt in this recipe - regular yogurt will be too runny.
- Prepare small peanut butter banana “sandwiches” by spooning the peanut butter/yogurt mixture onto half of the banana slices, and gently placing another slice on top.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and enjoy!