Peanut butter banana bites are a tasty, healthy and filling post-workout snack. They take just a few minutes to make!
Peanut butter banana bites are tasty little “sandwiches” of banana and a yogurt/peanut butter filling. It’s a delicious, high-protein snack to satisfy your sweet tooth and give you lots of energy!
While I normally find that bananas are too high-carb for me, I sometimes make this snack after an intense workout. My kids adore these little banana sandwiches and eat them quite often, usually as their after-school snack. It’s amazing how this snack perks them up, almost immediately, and I can feel good about giving it to them.
By the way, the combination of banana and shredded coconut is amazing. I really like it in these banana pancakes.
I’m always on the lookout for quick, tasty and healthy snacks. When I’m in the mood for a savory snack rather than sweet, instead of making these peanut butter banana bites, I make bacon cheese balls. The best thing about them, in addition to the taste, is that you can make them ahead of time and refrigerate.
Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 medium banana, not too ripe
- 1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Slice the banana into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a small bowl, with a fork, mix together the peanut butter and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Make sure you use Greek yogurt in this recipe - regular yogurt will be too runny.
- Prepare small peanut butter banana “sandwiches” by spooning the peanut butter/yogurt mixture onto half of the banana slices, and gently placing another slice on top.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and enjoy!