Banana and peanut butter bites are a tasty, healthy and filling snack. They take just a few minutes to make!
I love these tasty little “sandwiches” of banana and peanut butter-based filling. It’s a delicious, high-protein (11 grams) snack that totally satisfies your sweet tooth!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need FOUR simple ingredients to make this tasty snack. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Banana: Make sure it’s not too ripe.
- Creamy peanut butter: I use unsweetened peanut butter.
- Greek yogurt: Full-fat, plain, unsweetened.
- Shredded coconut: I use unsweetened coconut.
How to make banana and peanut butter bites
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But the basics are simple:
- You mix together Greek yogurt and peanut butter.
- Then sandwich the mixture between banana slices.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and serve!
Why do you mix the peanut butter with yogurt?
Adding yogurt makes the filling creamier and makes assembling the snack much easier than if we were to use just peanut butter. Plus, the yogurt adds extra protein.
Is it sweet enough?
Oh yes. Even though all the ingredients I use are unsweetened, the banana adds more than enough sweetness. Especially since I consider this a snack, not a dessert.
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
Yes. You can make them a few hours ahead of time and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Are banana and peanut butter bites healthy?
They’re not low carb. But while I normally find that bananas are too high-carb for me, I sometimes make this snack after an intense workout.
My active kids adore these tasty bites and eat them quite often, usually as their after-school snack.
More tasty and healthy recipes
The combination of banana and shredded coconut is amazing, and not just in this recipe. I really like it in these banana pancakes.
I’m always on the lookout for quick, tasty and healthy snacks. When I’m in the mood for a savory snack rather than sweet, instead of making these banana and peanut butter bites, I make bacon cheese balls.
The best thing about them, in addition to the taste, is that you can make them ahead of time and refrigerate.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Banana and Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 medium banana, not too ripe
- 1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Slice the banana into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a small bowl, with a fork, mix together the peanut butter and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Make sure you use Greek yogurt in this recipe – regular yogurt will be too runny.
- Prepare small peanut butter banana “sandwiches” by spooning the peanut butter/yogurt mixture onto half of the banana slices, and gently placing another slice on top.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and enjoy!