Tasty, fluffy paleo breakfast bread is made with almond butter, eggs and a touch of honey. Despite the honey, it’s a low carb bread!
This paleo breakfast bread is one of my favorite paleo breakfast recipes (this paleo banana bread is another good one). It is packed with healthy fats and protein, yet it has the taste and texture of a delicious honey cake.
I had my doubts when I saw the ingredients list. But magically, the ingredients did transform into a delicious bread with a tender crumb and a pleasant honey flavor.
Minimally sweetened, this paleo breakfast bread is indeed very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack. Despite the honey, at 6 grams of net carbs for a generous slice it is fairly low in carbs, so you can enjoy it on a moderately low carb diet.
Once it’s completely cooled, you can keep this bread in the fridge, in a storage bag, for up to 4 days. Very lightly warm it in the microwave before enjoying. It also freezes well.
Looking for more sweet paleo breakfast recipes? These Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Bars are excellent!
Paleo Breakfast Bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter for pan
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the honey and vanilla.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and finally the baking soda, whisking to incorporate.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Tap the baking dish a few times to evenly distribute the batter. At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares and serve.