Tasty, fluffy paleo breakfast bread is made with almond butter, eggs and a touch of honey. Despite the honey, it’s healthy and low carb!
This paleo breakfast bread is one of my favorite paleo breakfast recipes (this paleo banana bread is another good one). It is packed with healthy fats and protein, yet it has the taste and texture of a delicious honey cake.
I must confess, I had my doubts when I saw the ingredients list. But magically, the ingredients did transform into a delicious bread with a tender crumb and a pleasant honey flavor.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty bread:
- Almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
How to make a paleo breakfast bread
Easy! The detailed instructions are below in the recipe card. Here are the basic steps:
- Simply mix the ingredients in one bowl.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 325°F.
How to serve paleo breakfast bread
It’s excellent just as it is. You can also spread it with some sweet butter or a bit of honey. It’s good toasted and buttered, but I actually prefer it untoasted. I almost always simply eat it as is, with no toppings. It’s that good!
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. Minimally sweetened, this paleo breakfast bread is indeed very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack. Despite the honey, at 6 grams of net carbs for a generous slice, it is fairly low in carbs, so you can enjoy it on a moderately low carb diet.
How to store paleo breakfast bread
Once it’s completely cool, you can keep this bread in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. Very lightly warm it in the microwave before enjoying, 10 seconds on 50% power. It also freezes well. I sometimes make a double batch and freeze individual slices in freezer bags.
More paleo breakfast recipes
And these paleo muffins are very similar to this bread, but I make them in a muffin pan. They make a lovely breakfast. My kids adore them!
Paleo Breakfast Bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter for pan
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the honey and vanilla.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and finally the baking soda, whisking to incorporate.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Tap the baking dish a few times to evenly distribute the batter. At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares and serve.