An easy no-bake recipe for keto coconut bars, made with no sugar. They are tasty, healthy, and with just a hint of sweetness, perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
These delicious no-bake keto coconut bars are made with coconut oil, almond butter, and shredded coconut. I also add some dark chocolate chips, which are optional, and delicious.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make these tasty bars:
- Coconut oil: I use virgin coconut oil because I like its coconut flavor.
- Almond butter: I use creamy natural almond butter, no salt or sugar added.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: Make sure it’s not marked as “reduced-fat.”
- Dark chocolate chips: The darker you can go, the healthier this snack will be.
How to make keto coconut bars
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s an easy recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- Heat the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a pan.
- Freeze briefly.
- Then cut into squares.
How to sweeten them
I actually don’t sweeten these bars at all. But they naturally have a hint of sweetness from the coconut and the almond butter, making them very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
I would say though, that if you like your keto snacks (such as fat bombs) sweet, you should probably add 2 tablespoons of your favorite granulated sweetener (or the stevia equivalent) to this recipe.
Is this a healthy recipe?
As for coconut, coconut meat seems to offer several health benefits. However, not everyone thinks that coconut oil is a healthy choice. As always, the decision of whether to include coconut in your diet or not is yours to make.
How to store keto coconut bars
These bars keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for about a week. For best flavor and texture, remove them from the fridge 20 minutes before enjoying them.
You can also freeze these bars in freezer bags. In the freezer, they will keep for several months.
More coconut treats you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Coconut Bars
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the coconut oil and almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low just until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the shredded coconut and use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until uniform. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan lined with wax paper (leave extra wax paper hanging on the sides for easier removal later). Press on the mixture to evenly spread it all over the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Carefully lift onto a cutting board using the wax paper “handles,” and use a sharp knife to cut into nine squares.