An easy no-bake recipe for keto coconut bars, made with no sugar. With just a hint of sweetness, they are perfect for breakfast or a tasty snack.
These delicious keto bars are made with coconut oil, almond butter, and shredded coconut. I also add some dark chocolate chips, which are optional, and delicious.
I like that they are not overly sweet, which makes them very appropriate for breakfast or as a quick snack. They’re not really a dessert, although obviously, you can use them for dessert if you’d like to.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make these tasty bars (the exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
Coconut oil: I use virgin coconut oil because I like its coconut flavor.
Almond butter: I use creamy natural almond butter, no salt or sugar added.
Unsweetened shredded coconut: Make sure it’s not marked as “reduced-fat.” I once bought some reduced-fat shredded coconut at Whole Foods and it was VERY dry. It pretty much ruined every recipe I tried yo use it with! 🙄
Dark chocolate chips: The darker you can go and still enjoy them, the better!
How to make keto coconut bars
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s an easy recipe. Here are the basic steps:
1. Heat the coconut oil and almond butter and mix until smooth. You can heat them in the microwave.
2. Add the shredded coconut and then the chocolate chips.
3. Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan. Lining the pan with wax paper with an overhang will make it easier, later on, to release the bars from the pan.
4. Freeze briefly – about 20 minutes should do it. Then remove the hardened mixture from the pan (using the wax paper “handles”) and cut it into squares.
How to sweeten them
I actually don’t sweeten these keto coconut bars at all. But they naturally have a hint of sweetness from the coconut and the almond butter, making them very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
I would say though, that if you like your keto snacks (such as fat bombs) sweet, you should probably add 2 tablespoons of your favorite granulated sweetener (or the stevia equivalent) to this recipe.
How to use them
They’re very versatile. I mostly use them for breakfast and for snacks. My kids love these bars in their lunchboxes. And my husband, who’s accustomed to unsweet tastes (he loves 90% chocolate) considers them as the perfect dessert.
How to store keto coconut bars
These bars keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for about a week. For the best flavor and texture, remove them from the fridge 20 minutes before enjoying them.
You can also freeze these bars in freezer bags. In the freezer, they will keep for several months.
More coconut treats that you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Coconut Bars
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place the coconut oil and almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low just until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the shredded coconut and use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until uniform. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan lined with wax paper (leave extra wax paper hanging on the sides for easier removal later). Press on the mixture to evenly spread it all over the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Carefully lift onto a cutting board using the wax paper “handles,” and use a sharp knife to cut into nine squares.