An easy no bake recipe for keto coconut bars, made with no sugar (and no sugar substitutes). They are tasty, healthy, and with just a hint of sweetness, perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
These delicious no bake keto coconut bars are made with coconut oil, almond butter and shredded coconut. I also add some dark chocolate chips, which are optional, and delicious.
I don’t sweeten these keto coconut bars at all, but they naturally have a hint of sweetness from the coconut and the almond butter, making them very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
I would say though, that if you like your keto snacks (such as fat bombs) to be sweet, you should probably add 2 tablespoons of your chosen sweetener to this recipe.
These bars keep well in the fridge for about a week. For the best flavor and texture, remove them from the fridge 20 minutes before enjoying them.
PS. These coconut haystacks are excellent too.
Keto Coconut Bars
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil (70 grams)
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter (80 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (42 grams)
- Place the coconut oil and almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on low (I use the “warm” setting) just until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the shredded coconut and use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until uniform. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan lined with wax paper (leave extra wax paper hanging on the sides for easier removal later). Press on it to spread it all over the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, carefully lift into a cutting board using the wax paper "handles," and use a sharp knife to cut into nine squares. Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.