An easy no-bake recipe for keto coconut bars, made with no sugar. They are tasty, healthy, and with just a hint of sweetness, perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
These delicious no-bake keto coconut bars are made with coconut oil, almond butter, and shredded coconut. I also add some dark chocolate chips, which are optional, and delicious.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make these tasty bars:
- Coconut oil
- Almond butter
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Dark chocolate chips
How to make keto coconut bars
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s an easy recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- Heat the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a pan.
- Freeze briefly.
- Then cut into squares.
How to sweeten keto coconut bars
I actually don’t sweeten these bars at all. But they naturally have a hint of sweetness from the coconut and the almond butter, making them very appropriate for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
I would say though, that if you like your keto snacks (such as fat bombs) sweet, you should probably add 2 tablespoons of your favorite granulated sweetener (or the stevia equivalent) to this recipe.
Is this a healthy recipe?
As always, the choice whether to include coconut in your diet or not is yours.
How to store keto coconut bars
These bars keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for about a week. For best flavor and texture, remove them from the fridge 20 minutes before enjoying them.
You can also freeze these bars in freezer bags. In the freezer, they will keep for several months.
More coconut treats you might enjoy
Keto Coconut Bars
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil (70 grams)
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter (80 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (42 grams)
- Place the coconut oil and almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low just until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the shredded coconut and use a rubber spatula to mix everything together until uniform. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan lined with wax paper (leave extra wax paper hanging on the sides for easier removal later). Press on the mixture to evenly spread it all over the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Carefully lift onto a cutting board using the wax paper “handles,” and use a sharp knife to cut into nine squares.