A rich, dense and deeply chocolatey keto no-bake chocolate pie. If you look at its nutrition profile, it’s actually quite healthy!
Too hot to bake? This keto no-bake chocolate pie is the perfect solution. The combination of the hazelnut crust and the rich chocolatey filling is wonderful.
Is this a healthy recipe?
The ingredients I use in this keto no-bake chocolate pie
Here’s the list of ingredients needed to make this recipe (the exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Blanched hazelnuts
- Unsalted butter
- Sweetener (I use stevia glycerite)
- Kosher salt
- Dark chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Reduced-fat cream cheese
I use two Lindt chocolate bars (90% cacao) to make the filling, and I add stevia glycerite to make the filling as sweet as I like it to be. It’s not a bad idea to taste the filling and decide for yourself if it’s sweet enough for your palate.
I like to use blanched hazelnuts in the crust because the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts is such a classic one (hello, keto chocolate hazelnut spread!). But you could use any other nut of course. Walnuts and pecans should work well in this recipe.
The reason I use reduced-fat cream cheese in the filling is that I like to keep dessert calories as low as possible. If you prefer, you can absolutely use full-fat cream cheese instead.
How to make keto no-bake chocolate pie
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- To make the crust, you process the hazelnuts in your food processor, then add melted butter, stevia, and kosher salt. Spread the mixture on the bottom and sides of a pie plate and place in the freezer to set.
- To prepare the chocolate filling, melt the chocolate with the stevia and vanilla. Process the cream cheese and the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- To assemble the pie, pour the filling into the crust. Cover and refrigerate until set.
How to store it
This pie should be stored in the fridge, and you can keep it there, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. To fully enjoy its creaminess, do remember to remove it from the fridge about an hour before serving.
More tasty pie recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto No Bake Chocolate Pie
Make the crust:
- Process the hazelnuts in your food processor until very finely chopped, but stop before they turn into a paste.
- Add the melted butter, stevia and kosher salt and process to incorporate, stopping once to scrape the sides.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Spread the mixture all over the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pie plate, pressing with your hands to compress it into a crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the chocolate filling:
- Wipe the food processor bowl and blade clean with moist paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the stevia and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in the food processor bowl. Process until creamy, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture. Process to incorporate, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared pie crust. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Remove the pie from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Cut with a sharp knife, and run the knife under hot water, then wipe dry, between slices.