A rich, dense and deeply chocolatey keto no-bake chocolate pie. If you look at its nutrition profile, it’s actually quite healthy!
Too hot to bake? This keto no-bake chocolate pie is the perfect solution. The combination of the hazelnut crust and the rich chocolatey filling is wonderful.
Is this a healthy recipe?
It contains 10% of your daily vitamin A, phosphorus, magnesium and thiamine requirements; 20% of vitamin E and copper; and 75% of your daily manganese needs. Who knew a keto dessert could be so healthy?
The ingredients I use in this keto no-bake chocolate pie
Here’s the list of ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- Blanched hazelnuts
- Unsalted butter
- Sweetener (I use stevia glycerite)
- Kosher salt
- Dark chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Reduced-fat cream cheese
I use two Lindt chocolate bars (90% cacao) to make the filling for this pie, and I add stevia glycerite (no bitter aftertaste!) to make the filling as sweet as I like it to be.
It’s not a bad idea to taste the filling and decide for yourself if it’s sweet enough for your palate.
I like to use blanched hazelnuts in the crust because the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts is such a classic one (hello, keto chocolate hazelnut spread!).
But you could use any other nut of course. Walnuts and pecans should work well in this recipe for keto no-bake chocolate pie.
The reason I use reduced-fat cream cheese in the filling is that I like to keep dessert calories as low as possible. If you prefer, you can absolutely use full-fat cream cheese instead.
How to make keto no-bake chocolate pie
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- To make the crust, you process the hazelnuts in your food processor, then add melted butter, stevia, and kosher salt. Spread the mixture on the bottom and sides of a pie plate and place in the freezer to set.
- To prepare the chocolate filling, melt the chocolate with the stevia and vanilla. Process the cream cheese and the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- To assemble the pie, pour the filling into the crust. Cover and refrigerate until set.
How to store keto no-bake chocolate pie
This pie should be stored in the fridge, and you can keep it there, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. To fully enjoy its creaminess, do remember to remove it from the fridge about an hour before serving.
More tasty pie recipes
Keto No Bake Chocolate Pie
Make the crust:
- Process the hazelnuts in your food processor until very finely chopped, but stop before they turn into a paste.
- Add the melted butter, stevia and kosher salt and process to incorporate, stopping once to scrape the sides.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Spread the mixture all over the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pie plate, pressing with your hands to compress it into a crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the chocolate filling:
- Wipe the food processor bowl and blade clean with moist paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the stevia and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in the food processor bowl. Process until creamy, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture. Process to incorporate, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared pie crust. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Remove the pie from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Cut with a sharp knife, and run the knife under hot water, then wipe dry, between slices.