These no bake chocolate cheesecake bars are rich, creamy and decadent. And with just four wholesome ingredients, they are almost guilt free!
When it comes to dessert, I have two big loves: chocolate, and cheesecake. How wonderful that these chocolate cheesecake bars unite these two passions of mine! And even better – they do not require baking (sigh of relief).
I hardly ever eat sweets these days. I pretty much succeeded in weaning myself off sweet tastes. Even low-carb and keto sweets – can you tell I’m proud? 🙂 So when I do indulge, it has to be AMAZING. And these cheesecake bars definitely are!
These no-bake chocolate cheesecake bars are wonderful. They are rich, creamy and super decadent. And with just four basic ingredients, they are almost guilt free. That is, when eaten occasionally.
But are these chocolate cheesecake bars healthy?
I can’t pretend that these chocolate cheesecake bars are healthy. I don’t think they should displace other, more nutritious foods in your diet (such as meat and vegetables). Rather, they are likely healthier than many other dessert choices out there, especially commercial ones. Dark chocolate is quite healthy. And full fat dairy, new research tells us, is harmless.
Although these bars are not very low carb, I do provide a low carb option in the recipe card below.
How to store these no bake chocolate cheesecake bars
Store them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to a week. Remember to remove them from the fridge an hour before you plan on enjoying them.
More no-bake cheesecake recipes you might enjoy
Another great no bake cheesecake recipe is this recipe for no bake cheesecake bites. And this amazing microwave cheesecake is “baked” in the microwave and is ready in just a few minutes! So it’s just as easy as a no-bake recipe.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- 14 oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa - I used four (3.5 oz) Lindt bars*
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese, soft
- Line the bottom of a square 8-inch Pyrex pan with wax paper.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate with the honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese in the food processor bowl. Process until creamy, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture. Process to incorporate, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares with a serrated knife. Allow the bars to come to room temperature before serving.