I make these keto bacon cheese crisps in the microwave and they’re ready in just two minutes. They are the perfect keto snack – crunchy, savory, low carb and high fat.
Whenever I miss a crunchy, savory snack on the keto diet, I make these keto bacon cheese crisps. They are the perfect keto snack. And they remind me that it’s completely untrue that you can’t enjoy crunchy snacks on a keto diet!
You simply get the crunch in a different way than, say, Doritos. These crisps are great! And so are these keto cheese chips, jalapeño crisps, store-bought or homemade pork rinds, and even crunchy celery sticks dipped into hot pizza dip.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need three ingredients to make these tasty crisps (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
Sliced cheddar cheese: I like to use sharp or even extra-sharp cheddar for the most flavor.
Crumbled bacon: I use store-bought bacon bits. You can make your own if you prefer. And if you’d rather avoid processed meats, simply omit it altogether.
Red pepper flakes: To make the flavor a bit more interesting. These crisps not actually spicy, although you can certainly make them spicy if you wish by using more pepper.
How to make keto bacon cheese crisps
In the microwave! That’s the best thing about them, apart from the fact that they are so delicious. It’s so very easy to make them, and they are ready super fast.
As soon as the salty/crunchy craving hits, you are set. All you need is some sharp cheddar and crumbled bacon. The Wellshire Farms brand is good if you use pre-made crumbled bacon.
Here are the basic steps for making this recipe (the detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below):
1. You start by cutting the cheddar slice into four squares. Then place those squares on parchment paper.
2. Then sprinkle the cheese squares with bacon bits and red pepper flakes.
3. Your next step is to microwave the cheese squares on high until crunchy. This should take about 2 minutes for the four of them, but as you know, microwave ovens vary…
4. Lastly, allow the crisps to rest for a few seconds, then dig in!
You can also make these crisps in the oven. Simply bake them on parchment paper for about 12 minutes in a 350°F oven.
How to eat these crisps?
They are wonderful just as they are, and that’s how I usually eat them. You can also dip them in guacamole, in salsa, in sour cream, or in this tasty homemade Greek yogurt dip.
Another tasty option is to break them up into smaller pieces and use them as a salad topping – they can serve as keto croutons!
How to store keto bacon cheese crisps?
Once completely cool, I store them at room temperature, but only for a few hours. They lose their crispness fairly quickly, so there’s no point in trying to store them for longer.
Although if you do store them for longer, I recommend refrigerating them and eating them within 3-4 days.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Bacon Cheese Crisps
- 1 slice sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon, store bought or homemade
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Cut the cheddar slice into four squares.
- Place them on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the cheese squares with bacon bits and red pepper flakes.
- Microwave on high for 1.5 – 2 minutes, until crunchy.
- Allow them to rest for a few seconds before lifting the keto bacon cheese crisps from the parchment onto a plate.