These baked jalapeno poppers are addictive! In this easy keto recipe, the combination of smoky bacon, spicy jalapenos and creamy melted cheddar is beyond amazing.
Baked jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite keto snacks. The combination of the smoky bacon, the spicy jalapenos and the melty gooey cheesy filling is so good.
In this easy version of baked jalapeno poppers, the jalapenos are wrapped in bacon, and they are baked rather than fried. It’s a truly easy recipe. Baking is so much easier than deep frying, and obviously, it’s healthier too.
I like to fill the baked jalapeno poppers with smoked cheddar. The smoked cheese adds a layer of really interesting flavor to this dish. But regular sharp cheddar would work too, as would smoked gouda.
An addictive snack, these keto baked jalapeno poppers are quite spicy, so should only be served to those who like and can handle spicy foods.
Traditionally served as an appetizer or a party snack, I sometimes make these baked jalapeno poppers as a side dish. They go really well with cheese stuffed meatballs, and I can bake both in the same 400-degree oven.
What about leftovers? I never really have leftovers when I make this tasty dish! But I think leftovers would keep pretty well for 2-3 days, and you can gently reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. Or heat them up in a 350F oven for 10 minutes or so.
Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- Olive oil spray
- 4 oz smoked cheddar
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers
- 12 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly spray the rack with olive oil.
- Halve the jalapenos lengthwise and seed them (here's a good tip on how to do it if you don't have gloves).
- Cut the cheddar into 24 strips and use them to stuff the seeded jalapeño halves.
- Wrap the bacon pieces around the jalapeños. Arrange, cheese side up, on the wire rack. Lightly spray the jalapenos with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve the baked jalapeno poppers immediately and watch them disappear in minutes!