A simple tomato mushroom salad with feta and basil tastes amazing when the tomatoes and mushrooms used are super fresh.
A delicious tomato mushroom salad that tastes like summer.
This is such a simple salad, you really need to make sure the vegetables – tomatoes and mushrooms – are very high quality.
The tomatoes should be red and ripe but firm, and the mushrooms should be very fresh, white and crisp. No brown spots please!
When made with very fresh vegetables, this tomato mushroom salad is amazing. I serve it quite often in the summer. It’s a great side dish to grilled chicken skewers.
My favorite summer dinner is something grilled – meat, chicken or fish – and a fresh salad. For dessert: homemade frozen yogurt. No cooking, no starches, no sugar! You feel so good after this type of meal.
Fresh Tomato Mushroom Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and basil in a large serving bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- Add the dressing to the salad and gently toss.
- Keep at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld, mix again, and serve.