This almond flour cranberry cake is gluten free and low carb. It’s very tasty, moist and fluffy, and healthy enough to serve for breakfast!
You know it’s November when my family starts eating almond flour cranberry cake for breakfast. 🙂 And also when pumpkin appears on the dinner table almost every night!
I love cranberries. They are so pretty, and I adore the way their natural tartness complements sweet baked goods. This gluten-free almond flour cranberry cake is so delicious. And since it’s also low carb, I sometimes serve it for breakfast. Such a wonderful winter treat!
What sweetener to use?
I sweeten this almond flour cranberry cake with stevia, to keep it keto and low carb. I use stevia glycerite because the thick glycerin base nearly eliminates the bitter aftertaste typical to other stevia products. If you’re convinced that you can’t stand the taste of stevia, you can try using any granulated sweetener instead, possibly adding a bit more milk if the batter becomes too thick. I only tried this recipe with stevia, though.
Is this a healthy recipe?
As far as cakes go, I believe it is indeed healthy. It’s basically almonds, butter, eggs, and milk. I do believe that stevia is very safe. But this is still a cake, so it obviously shouldn’t displace more nutritious and unsweet foods in your diet, such as meat, fish and seafood, and vegetables.
How to store leftovers
Once completely cool, you can store leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. You can also freeze individual slices of this almond flour cranberry cake in freezer bags.
More almond flour cakes you might enjoy
Almond Flour Cranberry Cake
- 1/2 tablespoon soft unsalted butter for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons stevia glycerite* (equals about 3/4 cup granulated sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a pie plate with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla, stevia and kosher salt.
- Add the almond flour, whisking it until very smooth. Whisk in the baking soda.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold 1/2 cup cranberries into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Evenly scatter the remaining cranberries on top of the cake, gently pressing them in with your hand.
- Bake the almond flour cranberry cake until it's golden and fragrant, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.