Tasty keto cottage cheese pancakes have a delicate, fluffy texture thanks to the melted cheese curds.
In these delicious keto cottage cheese pancakes, the low ratio of flour to cheese, plus the cheese curds that get melted as you cook the pancakes, result in delicate, fluffy and very flavorful keto pancakes.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty pancakes. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Full-fat cottage cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Cooking spray
How to make keto cottage cheese pancakes
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, a sweetener, vanilla, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Then cook the pancakes in a nonstick skillet until puffed and golden, about 3 minutes per side. That’s it!
Tips for making this recipe a success
These cottage cheese pancakes are more difficult to flip than regular pancakes because they’re less sturdy. So flip them slowly and carefully with a wide spatula, as shown in the video.
Don’t worry if a couple of them get a little squished and lose their shape when you flip them! The wonderful flavor will compensate for any shape mishaps.
One trick I learned is to make them smaller since smaller pancakes are easier to flip. So I use a 2-tablespoon scoop rather than a 4-tablespoon one.
How to sweeten keto cottage cheese pancakes
Sweetening the batter is optional and up to you. If you plan on serving them with a sweet syrup, you don’t need to sweeten the batter.
But sometimes I serve them with just unsalted butter, and then I add 1/2 teaspoon of stevia glycerite, which is equal to about 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Is this a healthy recipe?
Can I keep the leftovers?
Yes. Although not as good as fresh, you can keep the leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
Reheat them gently in the microwave on 50% power. You can also freeze leftovers, separated with wax paper squares.
More tasty keto pancake recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (optional; equals about 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour (42 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to warm (150-170 degrees F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, and stevia.
- Add the coconut flour and the baking soda and whisk to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, transfer four mounds of the batter into the skillet. Gently flatten the tops with a spatula.
- Cook the pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and set, 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes – they’re quite delicate – and cook until golden and set, 2-3 more minutes.
- Place the cooked pancakes on the prepared baking sheet and keep in the warm oven while you cook more batches.