Creamy and decadent, these paleo chocolate covered banana bites make a healthy dessert or snack, especially if you use extra dark chocolate.
Creamy, decadent and chocolatey, these chocolate-covered banana bites are wonderful. And they are also very easy to make!
How to make chocolate covered banana bites
It’s so easy! Melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Dip banana slices in the chocolate. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, then refrigerate until set. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions.
Make sure you use bananas that are quite firm. You want them to be edible, of course, but you don’t want very ripe bananas. Save those for this tasty almond flour banana bread.
Are these frozen banana bites?
No. The first time I made these, I followed a recipe that instructed me to freeze the banana bites. They were delicious, but I had a feeling that if they weren’t frozen, they would be creamier, better. So I gave it another try, and in my opinion, not frozen is definitely the way to go.
So don’t freeze these chocolate covered banana bites. Instead, chill them in the fridge for an hour to allow the chocolate to set, then enjoy. You can also set them in the freezer for 15 minutes or so, for quicker results.
How to serve chocolate-covered banana bites
They’re a great, healthy dessert. But sometimes I enjoy them as an afternoon snack, especially after an intense workout.
Is this a healthy recipe?
However, this is obviously not a low-carb recipe. So if you need to limit your carb intake, this recipe is not a good fit for you.
How long can I store chocolate covered banana bites?
Store them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. If you’d like to store them for longer, freeze them in freezer bags.
More tasty banana recipes
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 2 medium bananas, firm (not too ripe)
- 2 pz 70% dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet or a tray with wax paper. Slice the bananas into 1/2-inch-thick slices, about 8 pieces per banana.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil, stirring constantly. Turn the heat off. You can also melt the chocolate and oil in the microwave, in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each microwave session.
- Using two teaspoons, dip each banana piece into the melted chocolate. Swirl to coat. Remove from the chocolate, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the chocolate covered banana bites on wax paper. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Place the chocolate covered banana bites in the fridge for about an hour, until the chocolate is set, then serve. Or freeze for about 15 minutes.