A super easy recipe for a two-ingredient chocolate banana ice cream. Creamy, delicious, paleo!
Ripe bananas and cocoa powder are all you need to make your own healthy paleo chocolate banana ice cream. It’s so easy to mix this delicious ice cream in your food processor, and the flavor and texture are incredible! It really does have the mouthfeel of true ice cream, which I find incredible.
It’s important to use very ripe bananas in this chocolate banana ice cream recipe, to achieve a truly creamy ice cream texture. Underripe bananas will simply not work here. So finally you can put those overripe bananas to good use, and not just in banana bread!
Although this chocolate banana ice cream is not low in carbs, I feel good about serving it to the kiddos, because it’s so wholesome. I too indulge whenever I make it, but I take just a few delicious bites.
If you prefer a keto and low carb chocolate ice cream that’s still very easy to make, try this recipe for easy homemade chocolate ice cream. You can use your favorite granulated sweetener in that one, and it does not require an ice cream maker.
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe, 3.5 oz each when peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Peel and slice the bananas. Place the slices on a wax-paper-lined platter and freeze for 3 hours.
- Transfer the frozen banana slices to your food processor. Process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the cocoa powder and process to combine.
- Serve the chocolate banana ice cream immediately as soft-serve ice cream, or freeze it for a few hours or overnight for a firmer texture. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.