Delightfully creamy, cheesecake mousse is an easy no-bake recipe. Almost as good as cheesecake, but much less work! Keto option included.
This cheesecake mousse is the perfect dessert for anyone that loves cheesecake, but not the work that comes with actually baking one.
Easier than baking a cheesecake!
I already told you how much I love cheesecake, right? It’s so delicate and creamy. But I’m lazy, and baking a really good cheesecake (such as this keto cheesecake) is a bit of a commitment that includes a water bath and leaving the cake in the cooling oven, praying that it won’t crack.
The ingredients used in this recipe
You’ll only need four ingredients to make this tasty dessert. Scroll down to the recipe card for exact amounts.
- Honey (or a low carb substitute)
- Unflavored gelatin
- Reduced-fat cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
How to make cheesecake mousse
This airy mousse is made with healthy gelatin. Gelatin is very easy to work with, so please don’t let that deter you!
It’s a no-bake recipe, far easier than baking a cheesecake, and it’s so so good! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full details. Here are the basic steps:
- First, you melt the honey in some water.
- Then you add the gelatin and whisk to dissolve.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour into small serving glasses and refrigerate.
A couple of tips
You can make this a keto cheesecake mousse by using a low carb honey alternative, or you can use real honey if you prefer.
Even with real honey, this is a pretty low-carb dessert, because it’s not overly sweet. So I usually use real honey. It’s just so delicious!
I use reduced-fat cream cheese in this recipe, because when it comes to desserts, even keto desserts, I like to keep calories in check.
But you can certainly use full-fat cream cheese if you’d like. Current research says that full-fat dairy is actually healthier than once thought.
How to serve cheesecake mousse
I like to top it with berries. It makes for a pretty presentation, and it’s healthy. You can also drizzle it with melted chocolate or peanut butter, or sprinkle chopped nuts on top. The possibilities are truly endless!
How long can you keep it?
You can keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. Remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and honey over medium heat, whisking to incorporate.
- Add the gelatin and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and the vanilla, and use an electric handheld mixer to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mousse into four small ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours.