A ridiculously easy recipe for baked eggs in tomato sauce. Perfect for brunch, and also for those weeknight dinners when you’re staring at an empty fridge!
I love serving baked eggs for brunch. They are not only delicious, filling and easy to make – they are also so pretty! My guests always rave about them.
This is a super easy recipe for baked eggs. So easy, it’s embarrassing. Simply pour some prepared tomato sauce into ramekins, break an egg into each ramekin, season and bake.
This recipe for baked eggs is so easy, that I often make it for dinner, when I’m out of ideas or when the fridge is empty. I might be out of meat, but I am never out of eggs, and there’s always some marinara sauce in the pantry.
Obviously, this dish practically begs to be served with some fresh, crusty bread. My kids and my guests eat it this way. But my husband and I are on a low carb diet, so we either eat it as is with a spoon, or sometimes I serve these baked eggs with 90 second bread or with oopsie rolls. Both are excellent, but the 90 second bread is easier and quicker.
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use Rao's)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place four shallow individual baking dishes (such as these) on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Divide the tomato sauce among the baking dishes.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and then slip into each baking dish.
- Sprinkle the eggs with Parmesan and black pepper.
- Bake until the egg whites are cooked, 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.