Bacon wrapped mini meatloaves are delicious, cute, portable, and can be held with your hands if you wish. They make a great appetizer or snack, and a delicious entree.
These bacon wrapped mini meatloaves are wonderful. Well-seasoned ground beef, wrapped in bacon and baked into hot, juicy perfection.
They are delicious, cute, portable, and they can be held with your hands if you so wish. They make a great appetizer or snack, and a delicious entree.
The ingredients needed to make this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make these tasty meatloaves:
- Lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Spices: garlic and onion powders, smoked paprika, dried thyme
- Bacon strips
How to make bacon wrapped mini meatloaves
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Start by mixing together the beef and the spices.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Line 8 muffin cups with bacon and place the mini meatloaves inside.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400°F.
Bacon makes everything better
I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that bacon wrapped *anything* is amazing. Bacon is fatty and flavorful, and it imparts wonderful juiciness and flavor when used in cooking. In the case of meatloaf, it’s great at preventing the meatloaf from drying out.
But isn’t bacon terribly unhealthy?
Processed meats have been linked to diseases. And while the actual risk is very small, and the research inconclusive, I don’t think we should ignore that research completely, even though some say we should. My own personal choice is to consume processed meats in moderation.
How to serve bacon-wrapped mini meatloaves
I usually serve these bacon wrapped mini meatloaves as a dinner party snack or appetizer. But once in a while, per my family’s request, I make them for dinner.
Since they’re so rich, I like to serve them with a simple side of vegetables. And I prefer vegetables that I can cook in the same 400°F oven, such as roasted red onions, jicama fries, or roasted asparagus.
What to do with leftover bacon wrapped mini meatloaves?
You can keep the leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them gently in the microwave, covered, on 50% power. The bacon will lose it crispiness, but they will still be tasty.
More tasty bacon-wrapped recipes
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaves
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 thin bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef and spices. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Line 8 muffin cups with bacon, so that each cup is circled by a bacon strip. Place each mini meatloaf inside the circle.
- Bake 30 minutes. Use tongs to transfer the cooked meatloaves to paper towels to drain, then serve.