Bacon-wrapped mini meatloaves are delicious, cute, portable, and can be held with your hands if you wish. They make a great appetizer or snack, and a delicious entree.
These cute little meatloaves are wonderful! Well-seasoned ground beef, wrapped in bacon and baked into hot, juicy perfection.
They are delicious, portable, and they can be held with your hands if you wish. They make a great appetizer or snack, and a delicious entree.
The ingredients needed to make this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make these tasty meatloaves (exact measurements are included in the recipe card below):
- Ground beef: I use lean ground beef (85% lean and 15% fat). Leaner than this is too dry, in my opinion.
- Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you should reduce the amount you use. A teaspoon of kosher salt weighs less than a teaspoon of regular salt.
- Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and dried thyme. Spices are delicious and healthy, but make sure they are fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish!
- Bacon strips: If you’re not a fan of processed meats, try this awesome keto meatloaf recipe instead.
How to make bacon-wrapped mini meatloaves
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix the ingredients. Start by mixing together the beef and the spices.
- Shape the mini meatloaves. Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Line 8 muffin cups with bacon and place the mini meatloaves inside.
- Bake them. Bake for about 30 minutes at 400°F.
Bacon makes everything better
I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that bacon-wrapped *anything* is amazing. Bacon is fatty and flavorful, and it imparts wonderful juiciness and flavor when used in cooking. In the case of meatloaf, it’s great at preventing the meatloaf from drying out.
How to serve bacon-wrapped mini meatloaves
I usually serve them as a dinner party snack or appetizer. But once in a while, per my family’s request, I make them for dinner.
Since they’re so rich, I like to serve them with a simple side of vegetables. And I prefer vegetables that I can cook in the same 400°F oven, such as:
What to do with the leftovers?
You can keep the leftovers of these bacon-wrapped mini meatloaves in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
Reheat them gently in the microwave, covered, on 50% power. The bacon will lose its crispiness, but they will still be tasty.
More tasty bacon-wrapped recipes
I have several delicious recipes for foods wrapped in bacon, including:
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaves
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 thin bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the beef and spices. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Line 8 muffin cups with bacon, so that each cup is circled by a bacon strip. Place each mini meatloaf inside the circle.
- Bake 30 minutes. Use tongs to transfer the cooked meatloaves to paper towels to drain, then serve.