Tasty and healthy almond flour apricot cake is low carb and keto. It’s also very easy to make!
A wonderful, fragrant almond flour apricot cake, that’s also very easy to make. This easy and healthy cake is made with almond flour and stevia. It is gluten free, low carb and keto.
There’s something wonderful about baking tart fruit into sweet batter. Examples? Apple pie made with Granny Smith apples, or cranberry cake. This almond flour apricot cake is another great example. The combination of the sweet batter and the tart apricots is simply irresistible!
The ingredients used in this recipe
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty cake:
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetener (I use stevia)
- Kosher salt
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Fresh apricots
How to make almond flour apricot cake
It’s a VERY easy recipe. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Transfer to a greased pie plate.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350°F.
Is this cake healthy?
I think it is. I usually serve this cake as dessert. But really, it’s wholesome and healthy enough that I sometimes serve it for breakfast, especially on the weekend. Eating this cake is basically eating almonds, eggs, apricots, butter, and milk. All wholesome ingredients.
And I do believe that stevia is very safe. I would add, though, that since this is still a sweet-tasting food, it shouldn’t become a diet staple or displace more nutritious foods in your diet.
Can I use a sweetener other than stevia?
Yes, you can. You can use any granulated sweetener. Conversion amount is listed below in the recipe card. If you use a granulated sweetener, do check the batter and add a little more milk if it’s too dry.
How to store almond flour apricot cake
Once completely cool, you can slice the cake, and keep the slices in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. Place the slices on paper towels to absorb extra moisture. Gently reheat the slices in the microwave on 50% power, 10 seconds per slice.
More healthy cake recipes that you might enjoy
Almond Flour Apricot Cake
- 1 tablespoon soft unsalted butter, for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia glycerite (equals 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 medium apricots, cut in half and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard 9-inch pie plate with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 3 1/2 tablespoons of the melted butter (reserving 1/2 tablespoon for later), vanilla, stevia and kosher salt.
- Add the almond flour, whisking it until very smooth. Whisk in the baking soda.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Place 7 apricot halves on top, cut side down, gently pressing them into the cake (the 8th apricot half is a bonus for the cook!). Brush the tops of the apricots with the remaining 1/2 tablepsoon of melted butter.
- Bake the apricot cake until it’s golden and fragrant, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.