Looking for an easy and delicious cauliflower recipe? These balsamic cauliflower steaks are perfect for you! They are easy to make, very flavorful and very healthy.
Balsamic cauliflower steaks are paleo, healthy, and so delicious. It’s an easy recipe – cut the cauliflower into thick “steaks,” brush with a tasty mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme, then bake until tender.
I really like cauliflower. No wonder I have so many cauliflower recipes on this blog! I often make microwave cauliflower – it’s just so easy, and when dressed with olive oil and lemon juice, it’s delicious.
When I have a bit more time, I prefer to roast cauliflower in the oven, because this is the most flavorful method of cooking cauliflower. These balsamic cauliflower steaks are a great example – they burst with flavor!
This is not a difficult recipe at all – it just takes a bit of time, but it’s truly an easy recipe. Just like with balsamic grilled eggplant, there’s something about balsamic vinegar that makes vegetables taste so good – they become wonderfully caramelized and flavorful.
So here’s an easy, healthy recipe for paleo balsamic cauliflower steaks. Enjoy!
Balsamic Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 medium cauliflower heads
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the cauliflower heads, remove the outer leaves and slice the stems off. Slice each cauliflower head into 3/4-inch-thick slices. The outer slices will likely fall apart and turn into florets - you can simply roast them with the cauliflower steaks, or save them for another recipe. You'll likely get 3 cauliflower steaks out of each cauliflower head.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme. Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the mixture, coating them generously.
- Place the coated cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet and bake until browned and tender, about 20 minutes per side.