Delicious, crispy-skinned Parmesan chicken wings, baked in a hot oven with a tasty Parmesan crust. They are super juicy inside!
Guys, I’m in love with these Parmesan chicken wings.
It all started with chicken breast. Which is pretty much the default for health-conscious folks, right? Boneless skinless chicken breast. Often dry, sometimes you need to choke it down. Except that I found a way to actually make juicy baked chicken breast! Yay. Still, it’s chicken breast – what can you expect? It’s not a delicacy.
Then I discovered that on a low carb diet, I can actually eat FAT. So I started making oven baked chicken thighs – how much better are they than chicken breast, RIGHT? Especially when you cook them with the bone in and skin on. Juicy!
So I used to think that chicken thighs were my favorite chicken part to eat. I still like them very much, but ever since I made these baked chicken wings, I am obsessed. I now think that chicken wings have the perfect meat-to-skin ratio. They are so delicious, whether dipped in buffalo sauce or plain.
I’ll share a secret with you: in my recipes, I tell you guys to chop the tip of the chicken wings off. But I don’t do it at home. I bake the whole thing, and the tips come out super crunchy, and you can just eat them, cartilage and all. Seriously, it’s so good.
So tonight I wanted to make things interesting, and thought to myself, these Parmesan crusted chicken tenders are amazing. Why not coat chicken wings with Parmesan? So I made these Parmesan chicken wings, and we LOVED it! The Parmesan adds flavor, and lots of crunch. These were some seriously delicious, crispy-skinned chicken wings. And oh so juicy inside!
So now I have three great recipes for baked chicken wings. I am a happy girl.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make these super delicious Parmesan chicken wings:
Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 chicken wing parts, flats and drumettes (about 2 lb.)
- Cooking spray (I use avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a rack. Spray the rack with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the Parmesan with the black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne. Set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, melt the butter.
- Dip each chicken wing part into the melted butter, then dredge in the Parmesan mixture.
- Place the coated chicken wings on the rack. Spray them with oil.
- Bake until cooked through and tops are crisp and browned, about 45 minutes. Check on them after 30-35 minutes. If they darken too fast, lower the heat to 350 degrees F.