Delightfully crunchy and very flavorful, these baked salami chips are wonderful all on their own; even better dipped into a tasty, spicy sour cream dip.
These salami chips are just the thing when everyone around you is eating crunchy snacks that you really shouldn’t partake in.
In fact, these baked salami crisps are so good, that when I place them next to other, high-carb party snacks, everyone reaches for the salami chips and they are the first to disappear!
So this year, there are no excuses! Holidays, parties, temptations? No worries. Just make these very tasty, satisfying and low carb salami chips and you’ll be just fine. No need to ever feel deprived again.
Add these jalapeno cheese crisps and suddenly everyone at the party is a low carber. 🙂
A word on the spiciness of the dip: it really depends on the hot sauce you use. I use a truly hot pepper sauce, one that’s more peppery than vinegary, so it’s quite potent. One tablespoon added to 1/2 cup sour cream makes it very spicy.
So adjust the recipe based on the hot sauce you use, and on your taste buds and heat preferences. You could always start with 1/2 tablespoon, taste, and add more as needed.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make these salami chips!
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne or habanero pepper sauce
- 4 oz thinly sliced uncured salami (I used Applegate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dip: In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream or yogurt, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- Arrange the salami slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the edges curl, 12-14 minutes. The salami slices will still be pliable at this point.
- Transfer the salami chips to paper towels. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. They will crisp up as they cool.
- Serve the salami crisps with the dip.