Tasty, savory bacon cheese balls are an easy make-ahead party snack or appetizer.
These delicious bacon cheese balls are the perfect party snack or appetizer! Think about it – bacon and cheese – how could you possibly go wrong?
Whenever I host a dinner party, I start by serving cocktails and appetizers. It’s a nice way to get everyone relaxed and break the ice. After a cocktail or two, everyone is happy and the conversation flows. That’s when we move to the dining room for the main meal.
I keep the cocktails low carb and simple. Usually vodka soda, with either club soda or flavored Perrier.
Appetizers can be as simple as a platter of aged cheeses, cured meats and cut up veggies with a homemade ranch dip.
These bacon cheese balls are another delicious appetizer that I love serving. They are very easy to make, and another advantage of these bacon cheese balls is that they are served at room temperature, so you don’t need to worry about keeping them warm.
- 1 cup finely grated sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (2 oz)
- In a small bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the cheddar and mustard.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 12 balls. This part is messy, and a bit of a challenge, as the balls tend to fall apart at first. But don’t give up - keep rolling and shaping them, then roll each ball in the bacon bits.
- Place the bacon cheese balls on wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately.