Sweet mini bell peppers, stuffed with pizza sauce and mozzarella and broiled. A tasty appetizer or side dish, and obviously the perfect game day snack!
Pizza-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal, Vegetarian
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Olive oil spray (Whole Foods sells one with no additives)
- ¼ cup sugar-free pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler on high (450 degrees F). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about ½ tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Place 6 inches under the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 4 pepper halves; Calories: 75; Fat: 4g; Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 110mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g