Delightful pizza stuffed mini peppers are stuffed with pizza sauce and mozzarella, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It’s the perfect keto appetizer!
I’ve been making these pizza stuffed mini peppers quite often. Everyone always raves about them!
I really like mini bell peppers. They are so much fun! I love them raw actually – you can eat them whole, seeds and all, so it’s fun to hold them by the stem, dip them in sour cream or guacamole and munch away. They make a great snack.
I also like them cooked, and this recipe for pizza stuffed mini peppers is a great example – sweet mini bell peppers are stuffed with pizza sauce and mozzarella, then broiled until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
These pizza stuffed mini peppers make a tasty appetizer or side dish, and obviously they are the perfect game day snack!
For an even easier mini peppers recipe, try this simple yet delicious recipe for roasted mini peppers.
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Position an oven rack 6 inches from the heat element. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about 1/2 tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Place the stuffed mini peppers 6 inches from the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.