These baked meatballs truly are spicy! If you’re not into super-spicy food, try using just 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
I like making these meatballs because I can shape them in advance and bake just before dinner; they’re easy and delicious; and they go great with any side dish.
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use clean hands to mix together all the ingredients.
- Shape into 24 meatballs, each weighing about 20 grams.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.