Low carb nachos make it possible to enjoy nachos on a low carb diet. Simply replace the high carb tortilla chips with crunchy pork rinds. Genius – and delicious.
Of course you can still enjoy nachos on a low carb diet. Simply replace the high carb tortilla chips with crunchy pork rinds, add your cheesy toppings and bake until warm and bubbly. Genius – and delicious.
Low carb nachos are obviously a great appetizer or party snack. But I often serve them as our main course at dinner. As a main course, this recipe feeds four. As an appetizer, it can easily feed six or more.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 oz) bag plain pork rinds
- 4 oz (1 cup) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup pickled sliced jalapenos
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed casserole dish with olive oil (a 9 X 13-inch baking dish will work).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat, until no longer raw, 3-5 minutes.
- Spread the pork rinds in a single layer on the prepared pan. Top with the cooked ground beef, then sprinkle the cheese evenly on top and top with the jalapenos.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately, with your choice of toppings such as sour cream, guacamole and salsa.