A deliciously cheesy oven baked keto kale casserole. I bake two of these healthy casseroles at a time, to make sure I have yummy leftovers!
This cheesy kale casserole is amazing. It’s filling, healthy and delicious. It’s also quite easy to make!
But this yummy keto kale casserole is different. I really like it. It’s probably the pizza-like flavors and the cheesiness. Those make kale very palatable indeed.
And while we’re on the subject of palatable kale, I also highly recommend these crispy, addictive kale chips.
A deliciously cheesy oven baked keto kale casserole.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 10 oz fresh kale
- 2 cups marinara sauce, no sugar added (I like Rao's)
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- Heat broiler on high.
- In an oven-and-broiler-safe deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beef. Cook, stirring to break up and crumble the beef, until no longer raw, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
- In batches, stir the kale into the beef mixture, cooking just until it slightly wilts.
- Stir in the marinara sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
- Mix half the cheese into the mixture.
If not using a broiler-safe skillet, transfer the mixture to a broiler-safe dish. I used a nonstandard dish from Sur la Table that measures 9 X 7 inches. In standard sizes, I think the closest would be a square 8 inches baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Broil just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Allow the kale casserole to rest for 5 minutes before serving.