What’s not to like about meatza? It’s like combining two awesome foods – hamburger and pizza. It’s easy, tasty and low-carb.
I often like to use pre-formed ground beef patties and make mini meatzas instead of a large one, but making a large circle or rectangle of meatza and slicing it is also fun.
- 2 lb. ground beef patties
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Your choice of toppings (I used uncured pepperoni)
- Sprinkle the ground beef patties with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron double-burner griddle over medium-high heat. Add the patties (in two batches if necessary) and cook to medium, about 2 minutes per side. Allow to rest, and meanwhile heat your broiler on high.
- Transfer the cooked patties to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Divide the pizza sauce, the cheese and your toppings among the patties. Broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 1-2 minutes. Allow to rest 2 minutes, then serve.