Crushed pork rinds make a fabulous low-carb substitute for bread crumbs in these delicious, crispy “breaded” shrimp.
Low Carb “Breaded” Shrimp
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 oz plain pork rinds, processed in food processor into crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 16 oz jumbo shrimp (21-25 per lb.), peeled and deveined, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the egg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the crushed pork rinds with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and Parmesan. Divide into two separate bowls – this will ensure the pork rind crumbs stay as dry as possible, making it easier to coat the shrimp.
- Place a few shrimp at a time in the egg to coat. Allow excess egg to drip back, then roll each shrimp in the pork rind mixture.
- Transfer the coated shrimp to the prepared baking sheet. Make sure they don’t touch each other.
- Generously spray the shrimp with olive oil. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 350; Fat: 18g; Saturated fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 978mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 44g