An easy recipe for oven roasted Brussels sprouts. The Brussels sprouts are seasoned with butter, garlic and Parmesan, and baked in a 425 F oven until beautifully caramelized.
Roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicacy. It’s difficult to believe it when you look at – and smell – the raw vegetable, but when baked and caramelized, it transforms into something amazing.
I seaosn these roasted Brussels sprouts with butter, garlic and Parmesan. They are one of our favorite sides, and although my kids prefer maple Brussels sprouts, they never object when I serve these garlic roasted Brussels sprouts.
We all fight on who will get the most caramelized, crisp bits that fall off the Brussels sprouts as they bake!
I usually buy pre-washed, pre-sliced Brussels sprouts, but honestly, even with prepping the vegetable, this is a very easy recipe.
Preheating the oven and roasting at a high temperature are key to getting the roasted Brussels sprouts crispy and caramelized. If you don’t buy them pre-washed, you should also make sure to dry them well prior to tossing with the butter and seasonings. The last thing you want is to steam them!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and dry well. Remove the outer leaves as needed, cut off the stems and cut each sprout in half.
- In a large bowl, mix the Brussels sprouts with melted butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan, mix, and roast 10 more minutes, until caramelized and tender.