Although my favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts is to roast them in olive oil and maple syrup, this recipe is a close second.
The vegetables become nicely tender and caramelized as they roast, and combining them with butter, garlic and Parmesan is delicious.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry the Brussels sprouts, remove the outer leaves as needed, cut off the stems and cut each sprout in half.
- In a large bowl, mix the Brussels sprouts with butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9 X 13-inch or similar capacity baking dish. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic and Parmesan, and roast 15 more minutes, until caramelized in spots and tender.