Crisp, delicious skin and juicy, succulent meat- Who says chicken can’t be a delicacy?
Many recipes will tell you to trim any excess skin from the thigh part. Me? I leave every bit of delicious skin on, spread any excess out on the pan, and it comes out super crispy and so, so good.
- Olive oil spray
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs (drumstick and thigh)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and fit it with a wire rack. Spray the wire rack with olive oil.
- Place the chicken legs on the prepared wire rack. Untuck the skin from the bottom of the thighs and spread it along the rack (to make it crispy).
- Generously spray the top of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Bake, uncovered, until skin is crisp and browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 45 minutes. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.