If you need dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes, make this broiled sesame chicken. It’s quick, easy, and delicious.
Broiled Sesame Chicken
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 4 servings
- 1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and cut them into 1.5-inch cubes.
- Place the chicken cubes in a large bowl. Add the oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat.
- Skewer the seasoned chicken cubes on skewers (I use metal skewers to avoid pre-soaking wooden skewers, but when pressed for time, I've been known to use wooden skewers without pre-soaking them).
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, on the top oven rack, 4 minutes. Carefully turn the skewers (use paper towels, they will be hot) and broil 3 more minutes on the second side, or until cooked through.
- Drizzle the chicken with sesame oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 316; Fat: 17g; Saturated fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 347mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 38g