Roasted bell peppers are seasoned with olive oil, oregano and crushed red peppers. Roasting bell peppers really brings out their flavor. Delicious!
Look at these gorgeous, colorful roasted bell peppers! They are as flavorful as they are pretty.
I love raw bell peppers. I slice them thinly, and sprinkle with sea salt and oregano. Yum.
But as much as I love them raw, I find that bell peppers become irresistible when roasted. Roasting really brings out their unique flavor.
These roasted bell peppers are seasoned with olive oil, oregano and crushed red peppers. They make a wonderful side dish to meat, poultry or fish. It’s an easy side dish, so I make it quite often.
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters, then seed and trim.
- Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to coat.
- Sprinkle the bell peppers with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Roast until tender and charred in spots, about 20 minutes.