Don’t toss those broccoli stalks! They are a delicacy when roasted.
Broccoli stalks are tough and woody, but when roasted, they become creamy and tender.
It’s best to use two baking sheets, one for the broccoli florets and one for the stalks, since the florets will be done faster than the stalks.
- 1/2 lb. broccoli stalks, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli stalks with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until golden-brown, about 10 minutes per side.