The more I cook, the more I like broiling. Broiling is a fast cooking method. It leaves the food juicy, and is far less messy than stove top frying.
Broiling is by far the easiest way to prepare salmon. This broiled salmon is tender, delicious, and ready in FIVE MINUTES. Faster than fast food and so much healthier!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) wild salmon fillets
- Heat broiler on high and set an oven rack directly below flame (3-4 inches below flame). Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the olive oil, garlic, kosher salt, dried thyme and black pepper.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with the seasoned olive oil and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the salmon 4-5 minutes, until opaque. Serve immediately.