The combination of chocolate and fruit is a classic one. One of my favorite homemade desserts is chocolate covered strawberries – they are so tasty and so easy to make at home.
Today I experimented with chocolate covered oranges, and we all loved the result. If you make them with dark chocolate, they are actually very healthy!
- 1 medium orange
- 1 oz dark (70% cacao) chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Peel the orange and divide it into segments.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave, in 30-second increments.
- Use a small spoon to “paint” half of each orange segment with the melted chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered oranges on a wax-paper-lined plate. Freeze for 10 minutes to set.