I make drumsticks just about every week, so I have a growing collection of chicken drumsticks recipes (these spicy drumsticks are excellent).
These sticky drumsticks offer an irresistible combination of savory and sweet. They’re (naturally) a kids’ favorite, but I freely admit it- the grownups love them too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (use coconut aminos for Paleo version)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin on
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, coconut aminos, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and use your clean hands to massage the sauce into the chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes, using a pastry brush to baste the drumsticks with the pan juices every 15 minutes.*
- When done, brush one last time with the now thickened pan juices and serve.