This tuna steak recipe reminds me why I never buy fast food. Tuna steak is truly fast – it’s ready in five minutes – and unlike commercial fast food, it’s healthy, wholesome, and delicious.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6 oz) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed grill pan over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Arrange the tuna in the hot pan.
- Cook the tuna steaks until a golden crust has formed and tuna is medium-rare, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve the tuna steaks with your favorite sides, or slice and serve over tossed greens.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 tuna steak; Calories: 238; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 340mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 39g