The idea for these stuffed mini peppers was born when I served my family jalapeño poppers. The poppers were delicious, but they were very spicy, and two of us had a hard time dealing with the heat. So I decided to make the exact same dish, using mild mini bell peppers. We loved these stuffed mini peppers! I mean, what’s not to like? The peppers themselves are delicious when baked, and the melted cheddar/crisp bacon combination is incredible.
- Olive oil spray (Whole Foods has one with no additives)
- 4 oz smoked cheddar
- 12 mini bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly spray the wire rack with olive oil.
- Cut the cheddar into 24 strips and use them to stuff the mini pepper halves.
- Wrap the bacon pieces around the stuffed peppers. Arrange, cheese side up, on the wire rack. Lightly spray the peppers with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.