These jalapeño poppers are so pretty and festive. They are incredibly delicious, but they are also quite spicy, so serve them only to people who can handle spicy food.
Traditionally served as an appetizer or a party snack food, I often make these jalapeno poppers as a side dish.
- Olive oil spray (Whole Foods offers one with no additives)
- 4 oz smoked cheddar
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 12 bacon slices, halved crosswise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly spray the rack with olive oil.
- Cut the cheddar into 24 strips and use them to stuff the jalapeño halves.
- Wrap the bacon pieces around the jalapeños. Arrange, cheese side up, on the wire rack. Lightly spray the jalapenos with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.