I love the mild, sweet taste of halibut and its firm texture. In this grilled halibut recipe, a soy-and-jalapeño sauce adds an interesting layer to the fish’s mild taste.
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 (6-oz) halibut steaks, skin on or off
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Brush the fish with the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, prepare the sauce by mixing together the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, the rice vinegar, ginger, jalapeño, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Oil the grill. Grill the fish until opaque throughout, about 5 minutes per side.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve.
Adapted from Real Simple.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 halibut steak; Calories: 221; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 517mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 36g