Ripe bananas and cocoa powder are all you need to make your own clean, healthy, Paleo and vegan chocolate banana ice cream. The flavor and texture are incredible!
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo, Vegan
Yield: 2 serving
- 2 medium very ripe bananas (3.5 oz each when peeled)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Peel and slice the bananas. Place the slices on a wax-paper-lined platter and freeze for 3 hours.
- Transfer the frozen banana slices to your food processor. Process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the cocoa powder and process to combine.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve ice cream, or freeze for a few hours or overnight for a firmer texture. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 102; Fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 26g; Sugar: 12g; Sodium: 2mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 2g