Delicious and fluffy gluten free lemon ricotta pancakes are made with coconut flour and pleasantly flavored with vanilla and lemon.
As it turns out, gluten free pancakes can be wonderful. I usually use almond flour when making pancakes, but for these lemon ricotta pancakes, I decided to use coconut flour. We loved the result!
These lemon ricotta pancakes turned out delicious and fluffy. They are pleasantly flavored with vanilla and lemon.
I don’t sweeten the batter at all, so I serve these lemon ricotta pancakes with a tablespoon of honey per serving. Maple syrup would be great too. Obviously, you can sue your own favorite topping.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons (42 grams) coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for griddle
- Place all the ingredients except for the butter in your food processor bowl. Process until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping once to scrape the sides with a spatula.
- Heat a nonstick double burner griddle over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Grease with half the butter. Pour the batter into the griddle, measuring 2 tablespoons per pancake (I use a 2-tablespoon ice cream scoop from Amazon).
- Cook the pancakes 4 minutes on each side, until golden-brown and puffed. Grease the griddle again and repeat with the second batch. Serve with butter and honey.