Delicious Paleo muffins that taste like little honey cakes. Lovely for breakfast and great for the kids’ lunchboxes.
It’s difficult to believe that you can create baked goods with nut butters, eggs and baking soda. These Paleo muffins prove that you absolutely can. They are fluffy and tasty, in fact they’re just as good as wheat flour muffins.
- ½ tablespoon melted butter for muffin liners
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 5 muffin cups with paper liners and brush the liners with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the honey and vanilla.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and finally the baking soda, whisking to incorporate.
- Using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin liners. Bake 15-17 minutes, or until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool 10 more minutes before enjoying. Leftovers keep for a few days in a sealed container in the fridge.