These grilled shrimp are easy and delicious. Simply coat the shrimp with sauce, and grill 2-3 minutes per side. Whenever I make these grilled shrimp, I’m reminded that “fast food” does not have to equal “junk food!”
Since shrimp are so small and delicate, your top priority as a cook is to avoid overcooking them. Obviously you want them fully cooked, but do take them off the grill the moment they’re no longer translucent.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder, kosher salt and cayenne.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- If shrimp are small, thread them on skewers to make turning easier.
- Grill the shrimp 2-3 minutes on each side, or until opaque. Serve immediately.