Delicious oven-fried chicken, crispy on the outside and very juicy on the inside, coated with a gluten-free mix of almond meal and Parmesan.
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a roasting rack. Spray the roasting rack with olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl, use a spatula to mix the mustard, salt, garlic powder, thyme and cayenne. Use your hands to coat the chicken drumsticks with the mustard mixture.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, whisk together ¼ cup of the almond meal and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Place three chicken drumsticks in the mixture, one by one, and press on all sides until well-coated. Place the coated drumsticks on the prepared roasting rack.
- Add ¼ cup more almond meal and 2 more tablespoons Parmesan to the baking dish, and repeat twice, with the remaining drumsticks. The reason I coat the chicken in batches is that otherwise, the almond flour quickly turns into a sticky mess.
- Lightly spray the drumsticks with olive oil spray. Bake 45 minutes, then switch the oven to broil (set on high) and broil 5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown and crisp.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 drumsticks; Calories: 271; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrates: 4g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 590mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 26g